Charity K. Borserine
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Protective Services
Charity K. Borserine has been licensed to practice law in Texas since May 2003. Prior to attending law school and obtaining her license she was a family law paralegal for 10 years. In the past 24 years of working with families during the difficult time of divorce and other family law litigation related matters, Ms. Borserine has developed a deep passion for representing clients in the most effective manner possible with the least emotional impact upon the children involved. Ms. Borserine has handled numerous contested, as well as uncontested, family law matters.
Ms. Borserine is honored to have been chosen to serve as an Amicus Attorney (or advisor to the Court as to the best interest of children) in high conflict family law litigation. Ms. Borserine's extensive experience with high conflict family law litigation, as well as her own personal experiences, brings not only strong legal advocacy but also a real life understanding to each case.
Ms. Borserine has repeatedly been selected as a Texas SuperLawyer Rising Star from 2012-2013, and as a Texas SuperLawyer in 2014; 2015; 2018, 2019 and most recently 2020. Ms. Borserine has extensive courtroom and mediation experience to advocate for her clients during these challenging times.
Ms. Borserine was certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Child Welfare Law in the 2018 inaugural class. Ms. Borserine believes that regardless of the situation, each individual is entitled to zealous representation. Ms. Borserine represents parents, children, grandparents, foster family and other family members in child protective services cases
Ms. Borserine has also earned her Mediation Certificate, Family Law Mediation Certification and Specialized Certification in Child Protective Services Mediations.
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D. - 05/2002
- University of Texas, Dallas, TX
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: 3.4
- Major: Sociology
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2003
- Collin County Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, Member (Past President), 2003 to Present
- Frisco Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court, Member, 2010 to Present
- Texas Bar Associations, Member, 2003 to Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2014 to Present
- Frisco Bar Association , Member, 2003 to Present
- Denton County Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 2005 to Present
- Texas Bar Family Law Section, 2003 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Child Welfare Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization